Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college premises. If anybody found indulged in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent. Supreme Court of India has banned ragging. In order to prevent such activity in campus, several committees have been developed and brought into operation even before the start of 1st year classes by the Director/Principal.
Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited within the premises o the college/department/classroom as well as on public transport. Any individual or group of individuals who indulge in an act or practice of ragging, constitutes groups indiscipline and such individual/groups shall be dealt with as per the ordinance. Ragging includes individual or collective acts or practices that involve physical assault or threat or use of physical force, which violate the status, dignity and honour of any student.
Students shall not:
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of girl students.
- Violate the status, dignity honour of SC and St students.
- Expose students to ridicule and contempt thereby affect their self-esteem.
- Entail verbal abuse and aggression indecent gestures and obscene behavior.
- The Principal/ the Anti ragging committee shall take immediate action on any information of the occurrence of ragging.
Note : Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in its Judgment (SLP (c) No. 24295/2004) has stated that if any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the college authority, the concerned student shall be given liberty to explain and if his explanation is not found satisfactory, the authority will expel him from the institution.
LATEST NEWS & UPDATES
MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MRES